About Power Only
Bennett DriveAway provides power only trucking services complete with tractor and driver throughout the continental United States. Bennett’s power only contractors transport customer owned equipment including flatbeds, containers, exhibition trailers, special event trailers, dry vans, refrigerated vans, and more for both local and long haul runs.
Bennett DriveAway has been the safest transporter of trucks and other rolling cargo since 1986 and recruits only experienced contractors who meet high standards in safety, reliability, and quality customer care. If you are a qualified D.O.T. certified truck driver who is looking for a better way to deliver, Bennett DriveAway wants you in its power only service!
When you are ready to join our team simply complete and submit the secure online application. If you would rather, you may also print, complete, and fax a copy of the application to 877.391.1796. Once the application has been received and processed, you will be contacted by one of our qualifications team members. If you have further questions please contact a recruiter at 866.243.7644.
Power Only Equipment Requirements
- Single or tandem axle tractor with sleeper that is 1996 year model or newer
- Sliding fifth wheel
- Headache rack
- Four inch by thirty foot straps (six) with four ratchets
- Twenty foot 5/16 grade 70 chain (six)
- Pintle hook and hitch ball with electric brakes
- F750 series pickup trucks will work in this service division
Power Only Contractor Qualifications
- Class A license
- Must be twenty three years of age
- Must be able to pass Federal DOT physical and drug screen
- Must meet F.M.C.S.A. guidelines on safety clearance application
- No DUI in the previous seven years
- No felonies
- No more than seven points on license in the past three years
- Must comply with independent contractor’s daily log requirements as prescribed in 49 CFR Part 395
- Will accept driving school graduates
- All qualifications subject to management review